Virat Kohli Fastest Cricketer to Take 6000 Runs in ODI
Indian batsman Virat Kohli has added another feather to his hat by becoming the fastest cricketer to reach the 6000 run mark in One Day International matches. Kohli achieved this landmark in the 3rd ODI in the series against Sri Lanka on Sunday, November 9, 2014 at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Uppal, Hyderabad.
Virat Kohli breaks Vivian Richards’ Record of Fastest 6000 Runs
The record for the Fastest 6000 runs ever made by any batsman in the world was previously held by West Indies’ batting legend Vivian Richards, who achieved the feat in 141 innings. Richards has been the holder of this honor for the past 25 years, since 1989. Virat Kohli has taken only 136 innings to get to the 6000 run mark.
The name of another Indian player, Saurav Ganguly comes in right under the name of Vivian Richards in the list of top batsmen to get to 6000 runs in One Day International Cricket matches.
Top 10 Quickest Batsmen to Reach 6000 ODI Runs
1. Virat Kohli of India in 136 innings
2. Vivian Richards of West Indies in 141 innings
3. Sourav Ganguly of India in 147 innings
4. AB de Villiers of South Africa in 147 innings
4. Matthew Hayden of Australia in 154 innings
6. Brian Lara of West Indies in 155 innings
7. Dean Jones of Australia in 157 innings
8. Gary Kirsten of South Africa in 160 innings
8. Graeme Smith of South Africa in 160 innings
10. Desmond Haynes of west Indies in 162 innings
10. Saeed Anwar of Pakistan in 162 innings